Sunday, June 24, 2007

Fried Ramen

As you may have noticed (If you were able to navigate here, you probably did), Tago Mago® has undergone some changes. This is partly because my hard drive containing a good deal of my music collection is no more and there isn't as much to write about, but also because the concept of being exclusively a music blog is kind of limiting. There are other things I want to talk about. I have restructured the categories system to more adequately reflect things I will be discussing as I try to keep this thing going. In honor of the new name and URL, I have decided to include a recipe for fried ramen. Ramen has become a staple of my diet since I have moved to Richmond and I don't see that changing in the semi-distant future, so I figured it's a fitting namesake. Recipes, as well, will hopefully become a feature of this site as I have developed an interest in thrifty cooking considering my miniscule budget and lack of stable employment. Betta get ready 'cause I'm servin' it up for ya...

Stir Fry Vegetable with Ramen Noodles

3 pkgs. Ramen noodles
1 whole carrot, dice into sm. cubes
1 c. chicken, beef or pork
1 box frozen broccoli
1 sm. onion
1/2 c. green pepper
1 can of bamboo shoots
1 can of bean sprouts
1/2 c. soy sauce (to your taste)
1/2 tsp. red pepper
Boil your water, turn off. Place noodles in the water. Let the noodles set for 5 minutes. Stir fry all vegetables and mix with noodles. Serves 4.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The final process in the production of ramen is to deep fry the block of noodles, so any attempt at frying ramen is in fact a doublefry.

Also, my poor friends in Richmond used to eat at Good Taste buffet every day, that place is tight. Also, Papa John's apparently just leaves their spare pizzas on the dumpsters behind the restaurants in wholly edible condition, so that may be worth checkin out. And in the vein of the blog name, my friend once recommended a poor man's deep dish pizza. It involves two party pizzas, with a layer of cooked ramen between, and covered in more shredded cheese.

-Arthur