Thursday, June 14, 2007

Too $hort - Short Dog's In The House


It's pretty rare that an artist, especially in the world of hip-hop, can maintain a meaningful and creative career over the course of say, two decades. An exception to this rule is Too $hort. First off, Too $hort has been active in the East Bay since the early 1980s and has pretty much changed and adapted to the coming and going trends in hip-hop making him extremely diverse and varied in his talents. Nowadays, you can catch him collaborating with Dirty South kingpins or lending his clout to the Bay's genius hyphy movement, but back in 1990, Too $hort was spitting some truth about ghetto life with old school flavor. I can't say enough about his flow: insightful, intelligent, just all around awesome. Not to mention the video is pretty well done.

Too $hort - The Ghetto
Too $hort - It's Your Life
Too $hort feat. Ice Cube - Ain't Nothin But A Word To Me

P.S.: Sorry I've been out for so long. I was in Houston for awhile, but now I'm back in VA. Settling down in Richmond has been a little harder than I expected, but I'm getting there. Peace.

No comments: