Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oren Ambarchi - Grapes from the Estate

I admit it, I'm a fan of noise. Most people can't listen to noise at all and that's certainly understandable. Traditionally, my interest has been focused on more cacophonous, industrial noise. For that other democraphic, though, the one that rejects chaos as a musical concept, the milder sounds of Oren Ambarchi might be more pleasing to the ears. After listening to Ambarchi's Grapes from the Estate when I was stressed out and writing a paper, I started to reevaluate my opinions on this warm, sparse ambient noise. Oren Ambarchi's slow build and sine wave drones make for a pretty interesting introduction to the genre. Best advice, just chill out and stare into space while giving this one a listen.

Oren Ambarchi - The Girl With the Silver Eyes
boomkat Review: Oren Ambarchi - Grapes from the Estate

No comments: