Monday, April 16, 2007

Christian Dittmann - Emporio


I'll be honest. I haven't really dug into my minimal electronic music obsession deep enough to be into really independent-type artists yet. But yesterday, I was introduced to a netlabel that specializes in electronic music called Thinner/Autoplate, and most of this stuff is pretty good. I chose one artist in particular to highlight: Christian Dittmann

The little bio thing (it's written in german and english) describes Dittmann's work on
Emporio as:
Beyond the obvious musical influences of techno and dub, the elements of “Emporio” are of two kinds. The first ingredient is explicit and definable whereas the second is intrinsic, almost mystical - rooted in the experiences and emotions of it's creator - and only revealed in a minimal way.
Sounds pretty sophisticated. Anyway, the music is pretty decent and free to download in .mp3 format.

Christian Dittmann - Dub 2
Christian Dittmann - Rechazamos El Ahora

P.S.: Is anyone else on this VIRBÂș shit? I actually found this netlabel through that social networking site if anyone is interested. Hit me up! (http://virb.com/lofiunico)

No comments: