Monday, April 9, 2007

Live: Booka Shade, Scottie B & King Tutt, Star Eyes


This isn't really a live event seeing as it already happened when I was in New York on 15 March 2007, but it was a blast and I was anticipating writing about it when I saw some pics and YouTube video(s) of the show on the Brooklyn-based hipster blog, Dirty Down. The show itself was awesome. As you can see from the video: lights everywhere, bass thumping, crowd full of young people ready to get down to some excellent electronic music. It's just weird seeing pictures, because I kind of remember people from the crowd and could probably tell you specific things about people if it didn't border on creepy. Booka Shade is amazing, the whole concept of minimal-ish techno with live instrumentation really pushes their performance into the next stratosphere. Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so because the place was packed and everyone knew the big songs by heart. All that excitement plus the Bmore club sounds of Scottie B + King Tutt, who I actually have a compilation of but didn't realize it until afterwards. Overall, an excellent show by XLR8R and Cut NYC. I would have really loved to be in New York for Ellen Allien and Miss Kitten (BPitchControl showcase), but alas I have obligations in Virginia. Although, according to Dirty Down it was quite the party as well. Check pics here. Also, if you don't have Booka Shade's Movements yet, you need to get on that shit.




Booka Shade - Mandarine Girl (12" Version)
Booka Shade - In White Rooms (Original Mix)

No comments: